Question: How do I shutdown the system?
Answer: To ensure system integrity the recommended way to shutdown your rucloud optimized instance is as follows:
From the application, navigate to the admin tab. Select Disable and then navigate to the rucloud customized
main page. Ensure all instances are in a CloudDown, running or
stopped status and that no EBS volumes are migrating or optimizing. It is now safe to shutdown your rucloud optimized instance, remember to enable your system on restart!
Question: Why are not all my instances showing?
Answer: Only instances that meet the product conditions will be added to the system. The conditions include the following:
1. The instance must have a name tag.
2. The instance must reside in a VPC and cannot be EC2 Classic.
3. The instance must not belong to an auto-scaling group
4. The instance does not reside in regions cn-north-, cn-northwest-1, us-gov-east-1 or us-gov-west-1
5. The instance must be in a running state.
6. You instance is an old generation and is not on the current AWS instance pricing list
Question: Why are not all my EBS volumes showing?
Answer: Only EBS volumes that meet the product conditions will be added to the system. The conditions include the following:
1. The EBS volume must have a name tag.
2. The EBS volume must start as type gp2.
3. The EBS volume does not reside in regions cn-north-1, cn-northwest-, us-gov-east-1 or us-gov-west-1
Quesion: Why do my bill for instances differ from the values shown?
Answer: As it is not always possible to determine the operating system used in your instance. The pricing shown for the instances are based on the Linux operating system. This is the cheapest option for an instance within AWS, therefore
the savings that you receiving could be greater than that shown.